Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chidalgo713 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 02:54 AM
    2 1/2 Weeks late on period, and negative pregnancy test
    Hi. My period is usually regular. It comes every thirty days, give or take a day. My last period was on May 1. I took a home pregnancy test on June 8 and it turned out to be negative. For the last two weeks, I have been having severe nausea, vomiting, bloating, white vaginal discharge, urinating more frequently, headaches, sore breasts, fatigue and once in a while a pinching sensation in my abdomen. I have no signs of my period coming anytime soon. I am so confused. Every part of my body is telling me that I am pregnant, but the home pregnancy test showed me otherwise. If anyone is going through or has gone through the same thing, any advice would be great.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2008, 08:29 AM
    You could wait until your next period is due and see what happens then, but your doctor may do a blood test for you now so that you can know for sure. Sometimes urine tests don't pick a pregnancy up for quite sometime. A quantitative blood test will give you the best results. Your period could just be off, but knowing one way or the other will give you some peace of mind.
    jessirich Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jun 15, 2008, 08:29 PM
    I am having the same problem. My period hasn't started... 7 days late... and I have taken a pregnancy test. I actually work at a doctor's office and I took a urine test there. I just didn't know if it could have been wrong or not. I'm so confused! Please tell me if you find any answers!
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2008, 04:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jessirich
    I am having the same problem. My period hasn't started...7 days late... and I have taken a pregnancy test. I actually work at a doctor's office and I took a urine test there. I just didn't know if it could have been wrong or not. I'm so confused! Please tell me if you find any answers!

Often times the urine tests at the doctors are no more sensitive than many of the home tests that can be used. Periods can be late or skipped altogether once in awhile for a variety of reasons. Pregnancy just happens to be one of the more common reasons... :) Give it several more days, or wait until your next period is due (hard to wait that long, I know), and try another test if still no period.

Jun 16, 2008, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC
    Often times the urine tests at the doctors are no more sensitive than many of the home tests that can be used. Periods can be late or skipped altogether once in awhile for a variety of reasons. Pregnancy just happens to be one of the more common reasons....:) Give it several more days, or wait until your next period is due (hard to wait that long, I know), and try another test if still no period.

I was going to try and wait a little longer. It's kind of hard. I really do wish that I was pregnant. My husband, on the other hand, could care less. Ha! I have a weird feeling that I may be, but then I also have another that I am just over-exaggerating. I've gotten pregnant before, but lost the baby after almost 3 months. Now, that I've missed my period, which I have never done before (even when I was pregnant last), and it makes me get excited. Even though the test at work said otherwise. Thank you for your help. I know a lot of people post things like, "am I prego", and things like that. So I checked around the postings and found this one to be more like me. Once again, thanks1
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jun 16, 2008, 05:24 AM
    On pregnancy tests you can have false negatives, but not false positives (unless you're on birth control). I say go to the doctor or maybe try a test again after you wait a while. Sometimes people even with regular periods can skip on at random. But you could still be pregnant.

Best of luck
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jun 17, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Either you have both just missed a period, which happens more frequently than you would think. You may have taken the test too soon. I didn't get a positive result on a hpt until I was 10 days late, using a first response test. It can easily take 7-10 days or more to get a positive on a hpt if you are pregnant. If you get another negative, it's probably best to wait it out until your next period is due, test again, and if still nothing give your doc a call.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 01:33 PM
    If its not due to stress or any curren meds, if any, then I'ld definitely go to doctor. Sometimes your body changes and this could delay your monthly flow. My used to come on a certain time of the month and then changed to a different time, but while this was happning I thing I was pregnant.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Also, when taking a pregnancy test read the label and take one with a low hcg level, you have the hcg hormone when your pregnant. For i.e. if your 2 weeks pregnant your hcg level is lower than being 3 months. First response hcg has a low level I took it after I did not believe the $1 test. Good luck.
    julisa2703 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 06:51 PM
    My suggestion is make an appointment with your ob/gyn for your annual appointment even if the urine test is negative a vaginal exam can show whether your pregnant because cervix closes

Jul 15, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Mine ended up being that my gallbladder was diseased terribly, and it was making everything mess up in my body. Thank goodness I got it taken out on July 3rd. Did you ever figure out what was going on with you, chidalgo713?
    sp101078 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 06:37 AM
    My period is slightly irregular, since February of this year, it usually come every 35 days. Give or take a day. My last period was on June 14th. I took a home pregnancy test on July 19th and it turned out to be negative. For the last two weeks, I have been having severe nausea, vomiting, bloating, white/pinkish vaginal discharge, urinating more frequently, headaches,waking up at 2,3,or 4 am, fatigue and once in a while some pinching sensation & something else I can't exactly put my finger on in my abdomen. I have had some discharge which was pinkish in color one week ago. I am so confused. I feel as if I am pregnany, but the home pregnancy test ( First response) showed me otherwise. Please someone guide me, I am going to make a Dr appt for next week.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 12:00 PM
    You might want to try another pregnancy test now as the last one may have been too early. Regardless of your results, it would be a good idea to make that appointment.
    marney529 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2009, 10:28 AM
    I have been going through the same thing. I am never late, and have never missed a period. I am now 2 1/2 weeks late, have discharge, tired, headaches, going to the bathroom like crazy, have had a pinching sensation in my lower abdomen, and once in a while I have a feeling in my stomach that feels like I just did thousands of stomach crunches, which I have not, and have had several negative HPT and even a negative blood test.I have also being going through mood swings for the past couple days, which is totally not like me, I am usually very happy, even when my period comes, no PMS or anything. What is wrong with me. I have an Apt. in 2 weeks but my husband wants me to get checked out earlier.PLEASE HELP!
    Danabydesign Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2009, 06:58 PM
    I feel for you! I'm 2 and a half weeks late, the hpt on the day of my missed period was negative, then a week later was negative, then at the 2 week mark, still negative and still no period. I guess I'll just wait another 2 weeks or something... I haven't had any stressfull changes, or new meds (or ANY meds) I'm 22 so I really don't think it's menopause, the only new thing is I'm eating healthier and have stopped having carbs after breakfast.. But I don't think that could really alter the hormones too much? I don't know.. I would love to me pregnant, :)
    clssms Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2010, 08:47 AM

Can someone help? I'm in the same position, only 16? Has anyone actually been pregnant in this situation?
    wooleys1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2010, 08:58 PM
    I'm in the same situation... 2 and half weeks late, negative hpts, crampy but nothing happens. I have been stressed; I have three other kids and my hubby had a vasectomy over 2yrs ago and no, I haven't been with anyone else. I don't know what is up. I read somewhere that I maybe just didn't ovulate, but all thruout my life I've only been at the most three days late. I'm 26, so menopause is out of the question I think. Any suggestions on what may be going on.
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2010, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wooleys1 View Post
    im in the same situation...2 and half weeks late, neg hpts, crampy but nothing happens. i have been stressed; i have three other kids and my hubby had a vasectomy over 2yrs ago and no, i havent been with anyone else. i dont know what is up. i read somewhere that i maybe just didnt ovulate, but all thruout my life ive only been at the most three days late. im 26, so menopause is out of the question i think. any suggestions on what may be going on.
    It could just be an off cycle. It can happen out of the blue and for no apparent reason. See what happens when the next period is due and try another test at that time if it also does not show up. If you end up missing two periods, check with your doctor.
    mandarleu Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2010, 12:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by julisa2703 View Post
    My suggestion is make an appointment with your ob/gyn for your annual appointment even if the urine test is negative a vaginal exam can show whether or not your pregnant because cervix closes
    [IMG][/IMG]

umm can u help me with this question than as i can not figure out how to post questions: so ill start from the beginning

i have normal periods..always have they are exactly alike every mo. no joke and when i was ovulation on the first day there was a spot in my underwear (that was the only one) and when i would wipe it looked like implantation bleeding, the pic of google i found matched it perfectly to a T. in which it lasted ummm 3-4 days and you should no that im tiny..5'6 i go between105-110 never over 110 as i eat but have a really high metab. anyways. than that next wk i had the same bleeding for 2 days when i had sex with my boyfriend durin my ovulation he said it was really slimy and gooie as its never been this way before. and i was 2 days late and have very lil crampin lik i felt i was gona start but didnt for those 2 days. than today come (thursday 7/22) and i had lil cramping this morning and started around noon and had this cramping for only a couple hrs. but wat i think is to be a period is brown with a lil red and light. in which i already no that brown is old blood. but its not normal becuz i usually have to change it every 2 hrs on the first day becuz of so much blood with a TON of cramping where i sit in fetal position but i dnt have any of this. weird to me, so not normal. My symptoms are. first for a wk i ate and peed alot. looked bloated. than.bloated looked a lil more bloated.boobs not sore at first, grew and than became so sore i didnt want to touch them..never delt with that before either. my butt grew also. my vag is tighter and shorter according to my bf which i researched and found that some girl's do that and is a sign.and my boyfriend says his gut says i am and i try to deny it and i dnt want my brain to think i am if im not. ya no. but he says he is 90% sure as when we hve sex he says that its weird and he hits something now with his tip. my hair grew at least an inch this last wk. heard thats a sign also i get lighted headed and hot fast by bearly do anything. i am an active person again not normal..haha non of it is. ive had at least 6 headaches this last couple of wks which i dnt get alot of. really irritated and moody. tired and lazy feeling most of the time. ill feel like something is creeping up my throat like ima throw up but dnt and than gag like im also gna throw up but dnt. my bf said last night that i felt really hot and couldnt lay by him because i was making him hot also. my stomach will be really hot while the rest of my body normal. and i now weigh 116 i gained this in the last couple of wks.grrr .i took 3 tests..2 too early and 1 yesterday, came out neg. becuz im so lil would that make a difference with hcg levels? and i think becuz im so small i ate to build fat for the baby if i am..i naturally have a 6 pack..bearly 8 very fit and skinny. lil to not fat. i cry more and tear up alot. sometimes i jus feel pregnant than others i dnt....i try not to think of this. my hips are more filled out now to. my body has NEVER acted like this before. help me i want ur opinion and if im not to no wat else could be going on..i am gona play out the rest of this bleeding take another couple test than go to the doctor and do want needs to be done but again would like to know ur opinion and if im not to no wat else could be going on. i tried to add a pic, hope it shows up:)
    thank you, amanda

C:\Users\Manda Leu\Pictures\stomach\different days compare
    johnghulam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 02:46 PM
    I am also late my periods were due on 30th of may but they didn't come up so I took pregnancy test on 9 days after the date it came negative again took the test 14 days after it also came up negative
    visited a doctor then she prescribed me primolut and for 10 days the ten days have gone 48 hours have been passed
    And no periods yet I am worried what to do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6 Negative pregnancy test, 2 weeks late [ 16 Answers ]

I'm 24 and have a very regular 28 day cycle. My period is 2 weeks late. I have had mild on and off symptoms. One day my boobs feel sore the next I'm fine. No cramps. I am not stressed, life is pretty good right know. Is it possible I'm getting false negative test results? I have a doctors appt...

2 1/2 weeks late and negative pregnancy test [ 43 Answers ]

Ok, so I took a pregnancy test at home when my period was 9 days late and it was negative. I have never missed a period before or been late, EVER! I am now 12 days late but want to wait until Sunday to take another one to be sure. I have had very light cramping for the past 2 and a half weeks along...

Period 3 weeks late, pregnancy symptoms, negative test [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My last period was on 13th March 2008. I have lots of pregnancy symptoms such a nausea, vomiting, tender breasts, sore nipples, harder/firmer breasts, bleeding gums, stuffy nose, headaches daily, tiredness and these are just to name a few, however I have done several home pregnancy tests and...

2 weeks late.Negative Pregnancy Test.Dr says wait longer [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here are the facts of my situation... Age 37 1 misscarriage 4 years ago Off birth control for 5-6 years Trying to conceive for 3 months Last period October 20 2007 30 day cycles, always regular I'm now 2 weeks late, I've taken several home pregnancy test. I waited till now to call my...

View more questions Search