Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Apr 7, 2006, 05:05 PM
    Magnolia tree for fire wood
    Is the wood from magnolia tree good for fire wood, it there any funny smell or too much smoke... thanks
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2006, 08:51 AM
    Hi,
    No, no funny smell and not too much smoke. Magnolia Trees in the South are occasionally used for firewood, but it burns fairly fast... not like a slower burning "hardwood".
    In the Appalachian Mountain Chain of the Great Smokey Mountains, there are some Fraser Magnolia's, also used sometimes for firewood.
    Best wishes.
    karosyrup Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 12:09 PM
    How long does it need to dry out. Had a huge limb blow down this week and we are also out of firewood. Can we use it immediately?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fire [ 3 Answers ]

I had a fire in my apartment on July 27. I didn't have renters insurance. When I applied for the Fire Marshall report it stated that it was inconclusive (they could not determine who's fault it was), now my question is can I sue the management company for compensation of lost items, i.e furniture

Fire Wall [ 2 Answers ]

I have remodeled a portion of my garage into a closet and a shower as part an adjacent new bedroom. I have an attic space above the remodeled area. Is there a requirement to build a fire wall to separate the attic above the new closet and shower from the rest of the garage attic? Thanks for any...

Red Squirrel making hole in Magnolia Tree [ 1 Answers ]

We have a large magnolia tree in our back yard and a little red squirrel is enlarging a crack in the tree. We are afraid that the tree will die. He has made it almost big enough to get in to. Should we patch the hole? What is a good thing to patch it with? The tree is very near our bird feeders...

View more questions Search