Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trueorfalse Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Can you trust a liar?
    Was just wondering if and how you can trust someone who has lied about a lot since you began dating them, I mean if you love someone and want to be with them but you have a hard time trusting them because you know they have lied before

Any help welcome

Thanks a lot
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by trueorfalse
    can you trust a liar?
    Hello true:

Uhhhhhh... No, you can't.

excon
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Trust operates at many levels. A person who lies about some things may be perfectly "trustworthy" in the faithfulness department, they may incapable of betraying a relationship while they feel no attachment to simpler facts in general.

Trust is something you offer unconditionally until it is broken irrepairably by the trustee.

It is not uncommon to transfer one betrayal you've had onto other areas of your life, but it may not be fair.

Having said all that about HER, this is really about you. You ask US if you can trust a liar and the truth is only you can answer that.

If you can't, don't delay, move on and don't waste any more of your (or her) precious time.

Jun 11, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire
    Trust operates at many levels. A person who lies about some things may be perfectly "trustworthy" in the faithfulness department, they may incapable of betraying a relationship while they feel no attachment to simpler facts in general.

Trust is something you offer unconditionally until it is broken irrepairably by the trustee.

It is not uncommon to transfer one betrayal into other areas of your life, but it may not be fair.

Having said all that about HER, this is really about you. You ask US if you can trust a liar and the truth is only you can answer that.

If you can't, don't delay, move on and don't waste any more of your (or her) precious time.

That's all well and good but how many people would forget the past and start over(trying to trust) and how many would tell her to fcuk off?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Hello again, true:

Nobody forgets - NOBODY. They might IGNORE the past, but nobody forgets it. You also use words like "trying" to trust. Trust isn't something you "try" to do. You either trust someone or you don't. There ain't no middle ground.

Can people who've lied before tell the truth? Sure they can... But, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". Once trust is gone, it's gone, baby.

That's all I got to say on the subject.

excon
    cheesseball Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 10:13 AM
    I don't know I am going through the same thing... and I told him if he lies to me again that I will brake up with him for good... and now I'm wondering if he's being to honest... I will be coming back to your page to read others comments but just no your not the only person going through this problem

Jun 11, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Once trust is gone, it's gone, baby.

That's all I got to say on the subject.

excon
    Thanks excon straight to the point but this situation isn't as simple as that. In a 7 month relationship its felt more like a couple of years. Getting to know each other real quick and going through so much so quick made what (hope she thinks too) is a really strong bond.

It would be so much easier if she didn't text all the time with I love yous and are you OK babe bla bla and what makes it worse is after a couple of months she gave me a card with a letter in it saying I'm the best thing that's eva happened to her and she doesn't know what shed do without me

Help a confused fcuker plzz thanks

Jun 11, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesseball
    idk i am going thru the same exact thing... and i told him if he lies to me again that i will brake up with him for good ... and now im wondering if hes being to honest... i will be coming back to your page to read others comments but just no your not the only person going thru this problem

Hi its confusin because you don't know if what u have now is real or 1 BIG LIE??
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 12, 2008, 07:57 AM
    can you trust a liar?

NEVER!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is he a liar [ 2 Answers ]

My Name Is Monica And Me And I Love This Boy Named Marquist And My Friend Told Me He Tried To Talk To Her He Says He Didi'nt And He Says He Relly Care About Me I Want to Know If Its True Or Not

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

Billy Liar [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a copy of this movie. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm a liar [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem lying. Not just to my friends and co-workers, but to my family and to my husband. I chose to have emotional relationships with men at my work against my husbands wishes, and did so for months. He had already confronted me once about a phone call he saw, but I continued...

View more questions Search