Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arktraveler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Central air unit shuts off comes right back on
    Our central unit is about 10 years old. For the last 2-3 years our air conditioning unit has come on and ran but will shut off occasionally. Sometimes once sometimes it may do it numerous times during the cycle. We have contacted an Heat & Air service co but they say without them seeing the code when it does it they can not help us. Our unit is in our attic and nobody wants to sit up there and watch it for the code and we also don't want to pay someone to sit and wait for it to kick off. It may do this more often during higher temps or maybe humidity. Not really sure.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Unfortunately if you don't want to pay to have someone sit in the attic and watch for this, you are going to have to wait until the unit actually blows something or a switch gets fried and quits - then you'll know for sure what the problem is. In the meantime, you'll have to just limp by until the unit decides to quit working altogether on you. Has a repair person actually come out and tested the unit for bad parts - or were you just talking to someone on the phone about this? In person is one thing - phone call is another. I am not aware of any brain surgeon who does phone calls. Same goes with a/c repair people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central a/c unit [ 3 Answers ]

My a/c unit when I woke up this morning wasn't working it was 80 in my house. The fan on the unit outside isn't turning. The inside is working.

Outside central air unit stays on when blower shuts off inside [ 1 Answers ]

I have a central heat and air unit. Why does my outside air conditioning unit stay on after my inside blower shuts off? It does not stay on every time the blower shuts off, but it does stay on a lot. It has been doing this for several years now.

Central air unit fan not turning when unit on [ 3 Answers ]

Recently our central air unit stop producing cool air and noticed our fan was not turning outside, and was making a loud humming noise, can this fan be replaced without replacing the entire unit :confused:

Central air unit [ 3 Answers ]

I have a central air and heating unit that's about 5 yrs. Old. It will blow air out but not at the temperature that we want. What would be the problem of this unit? Also, my wife had a window open for the last three days would this affect the unit? Thanks myron

Central Air shuts off on its own, and won't come back on [ 1 Answers ]

Coleman EVCON furnace/central air forced heat/air? Is what's on the furnace inside the pantry. The air worked fine this morning, then as soon as my husband left, I realized I was warm, and checked the thermostat. It was 85 degrees in the house (but was set on 72) and the unit wasn't working. ...

View more questions Search