Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MumNpop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Can a convicted felon be bonded and insured to start a cleaning service
    I live in NC and want to start a cleaning service. I know I need to get bonded and insured but I have heard that convicted felons can not be bonded. My conviction was 10 years ago here in NC.

Before I spend a lot of time trying to start this business, I would like to know if I can be bonded. (Yes, my right to vote was restored here in NC).

Thanks in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 04:41 PM
    First why do you need to be bonded, do you have a customer that is requireing a bond? But you should be able to get a bond, but you may just have to pay more for it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2008, 04:45 AM
    Whether you need to be bonded or not will be contingent on the laws where you are located. Whether you can be bonded or not, would depend on the type of crime that you committed and for which you were convicted. So, it would help to know what you were convicted of in order to answer your question the best.

Thanks!
    clubtwo0 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 01:12 PM
    If you are looking into a cleaning franchise most businesses won't bring you on if you are a convicted fellon mostly because they can not bond you. They can carry insurance and theft liability but it is unlikely that you will be able to get a franchise unless you go out on your own and get started by yourself.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2008, 11:58 PM
    It would be helpful if the original poster would come back to answer some of the questions that are in posts 2 and 3.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get insured and bonded [ 3 Answers ]

I was wanting to find out how what is needed to get insured and bonded. Im tryng to start my own business.

How do I get insured and bonded? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get insured and bonded? (Piggybacked question moved to its own thread.)

Convicted felon in Wisconsin being bonded [ 2 Answers ]

I live in the state of Wisconsin and was convicted of a felony 14 years ago. Is it possible for me to be bonded for employment purposes?

Bonded and insured [ 10 Answers ]

I'm thinking of starting a service oriented business that would be conducted at an individuals private residences. Light repair, upkeep, etc. My husband and I would be the only employees. Do I need to be licensed, bonded and insured. If so, why and what must I do to achieve that status? Is...

Get bonded and insured [ 1 Answers ]

How does an individual get boned and insured?

View more questions Search