Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gptp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Belt diagram for Craftsman riding mower
    Bought a craftsman riding mower from my neighbor (who has now moved out of state). It worked great for him, I saw him mowing his lawn every weekend. Now that we have it, the belt above the blades comes of every time we use it (have only used it twice). We found a diagram of how the belt goes on line once (of course I did not keep it) and now the belt has come off again and I can't remember how it goes and I can't find that picture again! I cannot read the model number behind the seat, that area is all scratched up. This is what I know about the mower... Craftsman 15hp OHV Diamond Plus Hydor/Automatic, Briggs& Stratton Engine 28N707. The first line on the decal behind the seat looks like GX596... 808(or 6)0114 then on the second line, there is a completely illegible set of numbers or letters, then it looks like ______8(or 3) 49____218(or 3)_6A. Please help!! :eek:

Jun 9, 2008, 05:58 AM
    No one can help? PLEASE!!
    bob gilbert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 06:11 PM
    I have a 15hp Craftsman that I bought around 1997. It looks pretty rough but still runs and cuts good. I don't know if this will help but the model number of my mower is 917252520. Let me try to describe the layout on the serpentine belt as best I can. It may or may not help. There are 5 wheels on the layout. The forward most is between the front wheels. The belt goes around that wheel and comes straight back on both sides to two wheels. Each side of the belt goes around the inside (towards the center) of the wheel on its side and moves toward the last two wheels which are located near the outside edge of the mower. The belt goes around the front of each of those wheels leaving a straight stretch of belt between the last two wheels. One thing about the last two wheels. They are not directly across from one another. The wheel on the left (if you are facing forward) is farther towards the front then the wheel on the right. I hope this helps. I am trying to find the part number for the serpentine belt since mine is wearing out. Good luck.

Jun 17, 2008, 11:14 AM
    That helps, Thanks a lot! You might be able to find the number for you belt part on Searspartsdirect.com, you search for parts by your model number. Thanks again.
    hotontop42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2013, 06:16 PM
    What do they call the thing that hold the blade on mower one of my blade isn't working spinning it looks like the little knobby thing is worn off from eith some one hitting something I don't know all I know is one blade isn't turning

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Diagram of how to replace belt on craftsman riding lawnmower [ 1 Answers ]

Doe anyone know where I can get a diagram of how to replace the belts on my 2.5 craftsman riding lawnmower

Diagram for instaling belt on 42" craftsman mower [ 1 Answers ]

Please direct me on how to install two belts and which belt first?

Murry riding mower belt diagram [ 1 Answers ]

I have a murry 16 hp, 4 speed, model number 3-39003. I need the diagram for the belt on the mower deck.

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Toro 1744HXL riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a diagram for replacing the belt in the mowing deck of a Toro 17-44HLX riding mower

View more questions Search