Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wiggy22 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 07:00 PM
    I'm not sure, she just felt the need to separate me from the situation, so that it wouldn't effect our relationship at all.. which is my understanding of it.
    starlite1 Posts: 753, Reputation: 58

Jun 6, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Sweetie, that is what I am concerned with. She "felt the need to separate you from the situation". What situation is she referring to?

Jun 6, 2008, 07:07 PM
    The one in her family, it involves her dad, and if he gets his way she has to live with him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy22
    im not sure, she just felt the need to seperate me from the situation, so that it wouldnt effect our relationship at all..which is my understanding of it.
    You sound pretty affected to me.

Jun 6, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Well I mean the break is affecting me, but to her, having to deal with moving would have really hurt our relationship, just telling me we need a break just kind of.. I guess placed us on pause.. and I doubt she'll get another partner, I'm taking her word for it, and I'm going to allow her time to sort things out in her family.. and if she does get into another relationship, then I'll have learned a lesson.

Jun 6, 2008, 07:17 PM
    the one in her family, it involves her dad, and if he gets his way she has to live with him.
    If she did move in with her dad, is that far from you? Maybe that is why she broke things off with you, because she is moving further away from where you live?
    Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 07:19 PM
    I feel for you, it's a tough situation, that's why I say stay busy with other things as it works out.

Jun 6, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Yeah its further, but the chances of her being taken away are highly unlikely.. and what would happen would she'd have to live with her dad for the remainder of the summer.. which is why I think she told me we needed this break.. I honestly believe what she was telling me about us getting back together.. she's just going through a stressful time.

Jun 6, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Yeah its further, but the chances of her being taken away are highly unlikely.. and the most likely thing to happen would be she'd have to live with her dad for the remainder of the summer.. which is why I think she told me we needed this break.. I honestly believe what she was telling me about us getting back together.. she's just going through a stressful time.

Jun 6, 2008, 07:29 PM
    That is what it sounds like to me. Just hang in there as best as you can, and keep us posted. You will be fine, too :)

Jun 6, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Will do, I just want it work out where we're together in the end.
    997793 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Stop thinking about YOU! She's crying out for your help. She's been saying she's stressed, so mabe she just couldn't handle everything. Just try to help her with her "stress" and I'm sure you guys will be back together in no time!

Jun 6, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Thanks 99, the only way I could contact her was through a myspace message, in which I told her I still loved her and didn't want to lose her, and after this thing has settled, ill still be here for her... I don't know if it was the right thing to do, I just felt it was something I had to tell her.

Jun 6, 2008, 08:02 PM
    Going to work on my dads farm, try to keep busy and clear my head..
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 7, 2008, 03:37 AM
    it was just her, everything about her just blew me away, and she feels the same towards me, we had basically everything in common..im trying to take her word for it and pray that this break will end soon, but from the way you speak, you make it seem like we wont, and shouldnt get back together.
    Not really. All I said was that a break up never killed anyone. It hurt several of us more times than we like in life, but we still survived and live on.
    A break does not always mean for ever.. You just need to learn to cope with the time you have on your hands without constantly being pre-occupied with her and fearing that you might loose her if not around - that's called insecurity. If you have a lot going for each other, and she is of the age where she can still be forced to live with one of her parents - then you can wait until she is legally able to make her own choices - and just let her know that you will support her and will be there for her when she needs you. But please don't make anyone the center of your universe - that makes you very vulnerable - which is not healthy.

I wish you the best of luck, keep busy, and don't drag yourself down over something you have no control over.

Good luck dear.

Jun 7, 2008, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    Not really. All I said was that a break up never killed anyone. It hurt several of us more times than we like in life, but we still survived and live on.
    A break does not always mean for ever.. You just need to learn to cope with the time you have on your hands without constantly being pre-occupied with her and fearing that you might loose her if not around - that's called insecurity. If you have a lot going for each other, and she is of the age where she can still be forced to live with one of her parents - then you can wait until she is legally able to make her own choices - and just let her know that you will support her and will be there for her when she needs you. But please don't make anyone the center of your universe - that makes you very vulnerable - which is not healthy.

I wish you the best of luck, keep busy, and don't drag yourself down over something you have no control over.

Good luck dear.

Hi Chery,

Excellent advise. I have to try that for myself too. For the past 4 years, he was the center of my universe

Jun 7, 2008, 10:23 AM
    I couldn't help it, this was like my first serious relationships, all the other ones were just like.. hey, lets have sex, and that was it.. basically just a sexual partner, but her.. she's the only real one I've ever had feelings for.

Jun 7, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Only on my second day of no contact, I really want to talk to her :S.. I mean I really just want to ask her how she feels about me now.
    Expert

Jun 7, 2008, 05:14 PM
    I really just want to ask her how she feels about me now.
    If she isn't contacting you leave her alone, especially for a selfish reason like that.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 9, 2008, 03:35 PM
    only on my second day of no contact, i really want to talk to her :S..i mean i really just want to ask her how she feels about me now.
    Boy do you sound insecure!

One way we can find out more about ourselves, is to be able to hang around with ourselves, and discover the things we like about or dislike about ourselves... COPE with being alone first before forcing yourself on others.

Once you like who you are, then you can be secure in sharing yourself with others.

I don't know if it's still in print, but see if you can find a book called:
    ''How to be your own best friend'' - because essentially that's what we all need to do before expecting others to like us and believe they are being sincere. If you fear that 'out of sight, out of mind' is what will happen, you don't really like who you are yet.

Don't look for reassurance from others, look in the mirror and work on it yourself - you are still young and have plenty of time finding and being secure in what you found.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Taking a break [ 7 Answers ]

I've been dating this girl for about a little over a month. Its been great. I can tell that she can be the one already. I'm falling in love with her and she has told me multiple times that the feeling is mutual. Yesterday she tells me that she wants to take a break. She said that needs some time...

Taking a break [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend recently asked that we take a break. He tells me that he still wants to talk to me and be friends and hang out. But the only time he talks to me is if I talk to him first. We've been on a break for a week now and sometimes I feel like it's awkward when we talk. How can I get past this...

Taking a break [ 3 Answers ]

My exboyfriend and I are on a break. I'm trying not to talk to him and waiting for him to come to me, but its been a week and he hasn't. I understand that he is really busy so maybe that's why. He said there is a possibility we could get back together in the summer which is a month away. How can I...

Taking a break [ 4 Answers ]

Is it normal to not talk to your ex while on a break?

Taking a break. [ 5 Answers ]

What's up everybody, I'm 19yrs old.. heres the scoop... me and my fiancé of 2yrs.. shes going to be 21 soon.. have recently started to take a break. We have been living together for about 2yrs. Also. She said she wanted the break because she needed to help herself grow and needed time to better...

View more questions Search