Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twiprod001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2006, 04:19 PM
    Stabbing Right Side Back Pain
    I have been to the ER twice last week with severe stabbing pain on my right side / back. I had an ultra sound of the kidneys / gall bladder / liver / spleen.
    also a CT scan of the chest & a thorasic spine X-ray. All came up negative except for the spine Xray: result was slight arthritus of the spine. Next is a CT scan of the lung with imaging dye. I have been prescribed skelaxin 800mg along with vicodin 500mg they help briefly with the pain. But symptoms return in 2 to 3 hours. Any ideas out there would help out a lot...

Thanks Bernie
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2006, 05:27 AM
    Hi, Bernie,
    Sounds like you are in "good hands" for the time being, with all the tests.
    I do know that a "stabbing back pain" can be caused by a lung infection. My wife has bad lungs, and is subject to getting infections/viruses very fast. One symptom, which I then know to get her to her Doctor right away, is a left back pain, which with her, indicates a lung infection.
    I am not a Doctor, and this may or may not fit your case, but at any rate, it's just one thing.
    I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    Freda1962 Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 09:42 PM
    Bernie, just courious did they test your pancreas?? I was sick and hurting in my right shoulder/underbeath my breast and general area. Finally they tested my pancreas and my enzymes were very high, I had pancreatitus... Just courious are you a heavy drinker?
    MickiDee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 07:58 PM
    I went to my family doctor and he said I had shingles. It only effects one side of the body
    And I have a lot of pain on my right side and right side of my back. Could that be what
    You have?
    mmglover Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 07:25 AM
    I have been having those same symptoms.. for like 3 days now! It started as a pain in right shoulder/neck area.. I thought it was a knot in my muscle, it then kind of turned into pain in the shoulder, under my ribs, and my back under my ribs... it's a very sharp pain and is hurts more when I breathe. I can't move very much, it hurts to lay flat, or on my right side.. I ve been to the ER twice, they have done chest x-rays, blood work, ECG and still have NO idea what's going on. I am in a lot of pain, its almost unbearable.. I may try a different hospital this evening if it gets really bad again. Any ideas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Serious Pain In My Right Side [ 7 Answers ]

I have not felt well since around Christmas. It started with pain at the top right handed part of my stomach. I assumed that maybe I had gallstones? I went to the doctor on Jan 2 and was sent for an ultrasound and some bloodwork. Everything came back fine. That night I went to the emergency...

Pain in right side of back,hip [ 8 Answers ]

I have been experiencing a dull pain in my right side for the last two days, and it doesn't go away, even when I lay down... could this be a sign of appendicitis? I am getting an MRI done tomorrow for my lower and middle lumbar... will this detect that if that is what it is? Any answers?

Back pain [ 6 Answers ]

Last few days I had slight back pain (left hand side) I felt while I'm at office some angle while I am trying to turn I felt it. Is it affect of kidney? PLease advise.:mad:

View more questions Search