Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kls34203 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Electrical outlet blow out
    I had an eletrical outlet blow out on the porch, one on the inside of the house on the same wall also stopped working and one in a closet on the other side of the porch stopped working. I flipped off all the breakers and reset the gfci outlet in the kitchen, but still no power to any of these places. What do I do next?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2008, 05:45 PM
    If not Breaker in panel, may be Bath GFI or another GFI around porch.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Check the power with an electric metter at the breaker to see if power is going past the breaker. What other lights or outlets is on that same circuit, are they working? Have you checked the "blown" outlets with a meter to see if there is any current even if low.

And when you say one outlet "blew" was there sparks, is there burnt look to it? If that outlet is part of that circuit and it is really "blew" turn the breaker off and remove the outlet cover and inspet the outlet, Turn power on if it looks OK and check to see if there is power to it, and from it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical outlet [ 5 Answers ]

I want to fix the faulty wiring in the electrical outlets in my house. I know nothing about how things work. I would like to try to fix it if it is possible. It is an old house . The out lets work but when I use a APC surge protector bar the red button comes on which means faulty wiring . So I am...

Electrical outlet going out [ 2 Answers ]

Have an electrical outlet on my covered front porch that I have most of my Christmas lights attached to... last night we had a HEAVY rainstorm with high winds that seems to have blown water into this outlet. Now there is no power coming from the outlet (I have confirmed this with a tester). It is...

Outdoor electrical outlet keeps tripping gfci outlet [ 3 Answers ]

Until just recently my christmas decorations would light up when we plugged them into the outdoor electrical outlet. Now when we plug it in the gfci outlet in the garage keeps getting tripped and the lights won't come on. Even when we reset the gfci, once we plug in the chord it gets tripped...

Electrical Outlet [ 2 Answers ]

My Electrical Outlet Is Not Working. I Have Checked The Breaker Box. What Could Be The Problem?

Electrical Outlet - No Ground [ 3 Answers ]

Got back from vacation and refrigerator was out. When testing the outlets it reads "No Ground". Replaced the GFI outlet and still reading "No Ground". The breaker never tripped. All wires on the outlets to that circuit are secure. What could be the problem?

View more questions Search