Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    femme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Kids who disown parents
    I am a 44yr old woman who has 3 children. Daughter 25, she has 2 beautifil little girls aged 3yrs and 6yrs old. My son who's 20yrs old has a 3month old baby girl, and my youngest daughter is 17yrs old but does not have children at present. My son has not spoken to me for 4yrs. He refuses point blank for me to see my grandchild whom av never seen since the day she was born. Never am I allowed to buy her presents cards or the likes as they would never be given to her. My son hates his own sisters all his anties and cousins. He says he won't have anything to do with any of the family that has to do with me. My son was always really close to me when in his younger days. He was a great kid. Never in trouble with the police and always looked out for his mom. But then at the age of 15/1/2 he changed. The love he held for me has turned to so much hate and anguish. I moved to Scotland from England in 1990 to be closer to my mum who died in 1995. I Met a guy the relationship was great for the first few months but then it started to turn sour. He was mentally abusing me and my 3 kids, so I decided enough was enough, I left and returned back to England with my 3 kids who were still very young at the time. It wasn't long before he came to England begging for me to return in which I did, 2yrs later I left him again telling him I didn't love him, my son hated him at this time,but being pushy as he and his family was I once again returned. On my return his family saw an opportunity to get back at me for supposedly caursing their son stress within our relationship. Wickedly they got their cluches into my son and manipulated my sons way of thinking. My son spent all his time with them I began to see a change in my sons behaviour.I spent 10yrs with this guy but it wasn't a relationship we never slept in the same bed and never had sexual relations together it was more companionship. I met another guy 5yrs ago yes he was married and he is the sister of my now ex boyfriend. I want to stress that I had nothing to do with their marriage splitting up as their marriage was on the rocks before I came on the scene they have one son whom is 21yrs old. When my son found out I was seeing his best mates father he did not like the idearbut neither did his son. My ex boyfreinds parents and sister has poisoned my son against me and his entire familyby saying that me and my partner have committed such an unlawful crime that we don't deserve to have any kids because of what we did to them. My son thinks that the family he is with are the bees and knees. My partners son wouldn't speak to me for 4yrs but has now come round and talks to me often.My son has wished me dead and says that if I was lying in the gutter he'd keep on kicking me.I moved in with my eldest daughter and her kids for a short time as my son decided to stay and live with my ex boyfriendand family. Within that time my son came round and said he didn't care if my partner droped dead so I was angry and very hurt I reacted by throwing my son out of my daughters house. That was the very last time my son has recognised me as his mother. We only live 1 mile away frm each other and I see him regular but he just hangs his head in disgust won't acknowledge me atal.I have wrote letters to him but he doesn't read them. He ripps them up withou opening them. Av tried phoning him he just hangs upand tried stopping him in the street to talk but he totally ignores me. I have no way of getting through to him. He hates us all.I love my son to bits and want to have a mother son relationship again but he's making it impossible.He calls my ex boyfriends parent gran and grandad and my ex his father. Which he is NOT the father to any my kids. My son is now 20yrs old with a baby daughter whom id really love to see but I'm tired of getting nowhere. Please if there's anyone who could advise me on what I can do please help as I feel alone heartbroken and devastated.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2007, 09:14 AM
    I am truly sorry for what you are going through. Do you see where you bad choices with the abusive man had led to the consequences of your son not wanting anything to do with you? You had the responsibility to protect your children and you chose a man over your children.

You cannot do anything to change your son's mind. I know you feel devastated but you cannot do anything in your physical power to bring about a change in your son's attitude and feelings towards you. It is a shame that he sided with your ex boyfriend and that family. But he made that choice. It is not something you have control over any longer.

The best thing for you to do is to go about your life, your business, enjoy the family you have, and pray for your son and his family. I hope you have gone to some counseling to help you see beyond your past but to also have learned from your past, as to not repeat the sadness,

As a Mom myself, sometimes we just have to let our children go and make their own world, even if it hurt us. We cannot live their life or through their life.

Take care of yourself.
    femme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 02:40 AM
    Thanks ever so much for you reply, much appreciated. I I no howit sounds that I supposedly chose that guy over my kids, but believe me that was not the case. That guy and his familyare real good at manipulating people especially the young ones. My son used to come round to visit me and ask me to do his washing, which I did of course.untill he wished my partner dead . I reacted and told my son that he should never wish any one dead no matter who or what they done, as life is to short as it is. Then out of hurt and anger I dreadfully threw my son out of my daughters house which then led to my ex boyfriend coming rounddrunk and coursing no end of trouble. That guy tried to wreck my car, sceaming, shouting verbal abuseand saying he'd make me pay dearly. I told him nicely to go home as he was scaring my 2 young grandchildren and that if he didn't stop then I was giong to call the police. He then left went home told my son that I had theatened my son with the police if he was to ever come near the house again and that my son was barred. With this my son came around screamed at me and said I was no longer his mother and that he never wants to see me or my family ever again. I tried so hard to tell my son and explain that the accusation was not true but my son would not listen. Now my son will not listen.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2007, 03:07 AM
    Leave your son be. He has his reasons. Sorry for your situation but when I read your posts you need to also admit that your part of the problem here as well. No one can change your sons mind and we can not suggest anything that will actually help. Unless counseling is something you want to give a try. They will give you an outlit for your frustration plus give you suggestions on how to open the lines of communication. If it is possible and so on.

Lots and lots of abuse in this family. Verbal and emotional. It is best that your son stay away and maybe he is happier? Are you happier?

Joe
    Abuhar Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Feb 22, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Your son, maybe, suffers more than you. To have hatred to one's own mother is a heavy burden for the whole life!
    But there is nothing you can do right now. Just pray and hope for the best in his life.
    If your son was a victim of manipulation, he will learn about this one day, by himself. However, you might wait for this moment for years... till he becomes mature. Right now he is still young and naïve, stressed and desperate, who learned to seek for other people's guilt for own life problems and not knowing better way to solve them. By his 20 he could only learn this from his... many parents. Accepting this truth will help you to forgive him in your heart, be patient and find peace for your mind.
    Ragazza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 05:51 PM
    I am sorry to say this, I do kind of feel like your son in a way, by not wanting my mother to be my mother, since she was abusive to myself and to my sister, when we were young children.

BUT I DO FEEL YOUR PAIN.

I was really mad at my mother for many of years for adopting my sister (at the time she was 10) to another person. My mother did put me down a lot, she thought I was a highly special needs young person, when I was only crying out for attention for many a years, my mother thought she would raise us single handly, which she did pourly for it.

When I was 10ish until I was 15, my mother slept with her bedroom door open a lot (only way to the bathroom), all what I see was shadows, but she was having oral sex with another woman. I had to go though see and/hearing that every night.

To me I think that is wrong, what do you think?:confused: :confused:
    nanna d Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Hi Soozookee I sat opened mouthed when I read your post, what has happened to you mirrors my life to a tee. Even down to having Four children the way your husband left and then wanted to come back. My son who is now 21 has not spoken to me in four years. I am sorry I have no suggestions I just wanted to know myself how you cope. Each day is a struggle for me to get through. Woman's Aid helped and supported me in getting my divorce, and the counselling I received from them was excellent, but I never thought fours years later I would still be in this situation. I really wish I could say something to help but reading the posts I now know I am not alone in this situation. I just want the hurt to go away and hear my son say mum again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Don't like my parents [ 15 Answers ]

:mad: I am a 13 year old who wants to let her parents who she hates them without actually telling them so I can finally tell them I what is in my head. What is the best approach?

How can I tell my parents ? [ 7 Answers ]

Can any 1 help me I'm so scared and nervous to tell my parents I want to sing but I don't no how I'm scared they won't like my voice or they don't take me seriously can any 1 help ? Please

Parents Having Problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I really need help. I'm in my third year at my university, 400+ miles away from home, and it seems that since I've left, my parents' marriage has been rapidly deteriorating. Let me start with some background info. My parents are very traditionally Chinese, and I was born and raised...

My parents think I'm crazy [ 5 Answers ]

My parents think I'm crazy.And that I ruin out house and that I could be a murderer

Parents [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I just wanted to say my parents are splitting up, and I'm finding it really hard! I have moved away to a dance college and I get phone calls off my dad telling me to stay instead of coming home at weekends! But when I do come home he doesn't even talk to me! He just shakes his head as I walk...

View more questions Search