Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patt24k Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

May 29, 2008, 10:12 AM
    Is a citation a violation of probation?
    Im currently on state probation -which is pretty much the same thing as felony probation- in Tennessee. I recently received a traffic citation for an open container. Is that going to violate my probation? Will my probation officer even find out if I don't say anything about it? After all, it did happen in another county.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 10:55 AM
    You should tell your PO before they tell you about this. If you got the citation for open container and you are not supposed to be drinking alcoholic beverages, you're going to have a lot of explaining to do on that one. If you are not supposed to be drinking alcohol you more than likely will be violated. Get an attorney lined up to help you with this. Just because it happened in another county means nothing. Any good probation office regularly runs every probationer's name in the computer looking for new arrests.

May 29, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Well I followed your advice, and I notified her about it. She didn't say she was going to violate me, but, then again, she didn't say she wasn't going to violate me. She already stated before all of this happened that she wouldn't mind if I drank. As long as I didn't get drunk.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2008, 05:21 PM
    ? Unless law changed this year, open containers were legal in Tennesse??

But OK, on your probation was drinking against the rules? If you are allowed to drink, and it was not a DUI, I dobut they will do anything, but you need to tell them.

May 29, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Well its legal to have an open container if you're a passenger in a vehicle, but I was on the street in front of my house. The officer said he would speak on my behalf in court and try to get the fine reduced to just court costs. I was like, "thanks dude" but it would have been better if he would have just told me to go in the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Less than 2 months left for DUI probation to end, then I got a MIP citation [ 6 Answers ]

Less than 2 months left for 1st DUI probation to end, then I got a MIP citation NOT ARRESTED Will my probation officer find out before the court date? If they do what will happen if I tell my PO? I know it's a probation violation but what will I get? And if I do tell my PO, do I...

Probation Violation [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was convicted in Oct. 2003 of Spousal Abuse. He did not make contact with me but was "crazy": later found out he was in diabetic spiral. Nevertheless, he was convicted and placed on three years probation in California Court. August of 2006, he was charged with Cultivation of...

Probation violation [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I had been convicted of a felony (marijuana possession and the intent to distribute) It was about one pound as they claim... but at the time of my arrest I had less then one ounce on me and 1k of marked money.( which they found later at the station in my jacket pocket) that was my first...

Probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Bryant Ficklin well I was put on probation for the first time in March for a mis for batter I was sent to 1 year in jail all susspend well in December I was pulled over and charged with a owi which is a Amis and a Cmis minor consumpution and another C Open container in the car well I...

Probation for DUI now consumption citation [ 2 Answers ]

I was arrested and charged in Carter County with DUI on January 30th of 2006.. I've made all my payments, been to all my probation meetings and was going to be coming off this coming January.. but 3 nights ago I was caught and cited with underage consumption at a nightclub in Washington County....

View more questions Search