Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pamhaley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2006, 09:52 AM
    Increasing prices
    I need to write a letter that talks about a price increase. Anyone got any suggestions for wording?:)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2006, 10:02 AM
    Be straightforward and handle it as if you were writing to a close friend:

Tell your customers that you appreciate their choosing you for their ______ needs, remind them that you will continue to offer an excellent product (or service) at a great price... and that you are sorry to announce that you have resisted a price increase as long as possible, but that it is required now - in order to continue to offer that great product or service... then explain the increase.

... just my 1.5 cents worth.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2006, 02:26 PM
    Hi, Pam,
    I'll give my 4 cents worth (price increase).
    "talks about a price increase"...
    Are you writing to a store, complaining about their price increases?
    Or, are you writing to your own customers about your own price increases?
    One major item in many, many price increases is travel. Since Diesel fuel and gas continues to increase, many price increases are noticeable for any product which has to be transported.
    If the product has to do with Health Care, Hospitals, or Doctors, price increases are also abound as Medicines have gone "out of sight". One new antibotic, Levaquin, averages around $20 per pill (without any prescription medical coverage). This also accounts for higher Hospital stay costs.
    I hope this helps in some way, and best of luck.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2006, 01:50 PM
    If you are writing a letter to your clients then go with the indirect method.

Star off like Rick said, complementing them, reminding them of there services. Then hit them nicely with the price increase.

However, if you are the client and writing to complain about a price increase, go with the direct method. Start by saying you do not like the price increases. For Reasons X, Y and Z.

Remember, always be nice in your writing. You will catch more flys with honey than vinegar.
    Nahed2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 11:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamhaley
    I need to write a letter that talks about a price increase. Anyone got any suggestions for wording?:)
    What shoud I write to customers to inform them about increasing the prices?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Nahed, see the 3 answers that were given to the same question asked by Pamhaley. If you need further help, please start a new question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Different prices for 14-2 NM [ 3 Answers ]

So I can get 14-2 NM w ground at the big store off the spool for something like $0.43/lin ft w/out tax. I can buy 250 ft of 14-2 NM-B w ground prepakaged on the shelf behind me for something like just under $60, tax not included... compared to $107.5 at the spool price. Don't know the grade of...

Increasing foot speed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have a 12 yr old who plays baseball and is very good except for foot speed. How do you increase the foot speed for a young person Ty

Increasing knowledge [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Sir / Madam, I would like to enhance my 6 year old daughter's overall knowledge. I send her to the best school in the area, but still I would like her to have more knowledge than she acquires from her school. What should I do? Please help me in this regard.

Motherboard prices [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone can suggest a good motherboard.. like good quality and reasonable price? Somebody told me is around C$500. Is it true? What if a certain component in the motherboard is not functioning well, is it necessary to change the motherboard? Ty in advance.

View more questions Search