Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pajohnston Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Maple trees
    DO Maple tree roots damage water or sewer pipes?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 10:21 AM
    I don't think they would hurt a solid pipe, but like any other roots will get into tile or perf.
    HelenAg Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

May 27, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Oh yes, roots can enter the sewer if you have clay or other porous materials. I don't believe they can get into PVC, but if you have ever had to have your main sewer cleaned out and the plumber finds tree roots, you have your answer. Helen Ag

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maple-family trees dying? [ 1 Answers ]

It is almost July and all of the deciduous trees in my area have all of their leaves. These maple-family trees (maple leaves, but several "trunks"--actually pretty ugly without their leaves) have hardly any leaves, but are not entirely without leaves. I would have to go out and purchase a...

Maple Trees competing with a lawn [ 3 Answers ]

My lawn is next to a small forest which has maple trees in it. I have noticed baby maple saplings(?) sprouting up in weird places. Should I kill the baby Maple trees and are they an indication that Maple tree roots are competing with my lawn? My priority is to grow a better lawn.

Red Maple Trees [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question, My question is How long are the Maple Tree's Roots? How wide are they? Also how big do they get? Thanks Sa1122

Radically Pruning Multi-Stem Maple Trees [ 1 Answers ]

I have 32 multi-stem maple trees that are a nightmare to keep trimmed. They were originally planted as a hedge between this property and two others. They were already 10+ feet tall when I bought this house and each year, I struggle to keep them at that height. I even bought a Komatsu RedMAx long...

Maple trees: [ 2 Answers ]

We live in OK. And just recently moved and the home we bought has maple trees, variety I am unsure of. This whole housing addition is full of maple trees. Our problem is we are elderly and thought when we left the oak trees behind we would not be cleaning gutters & raking the yard constantly. My...

View more questions Search