Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Desert York Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Fan Doesn't Spin on outside unit!
    My a/c system kicks on and off like it should, but the fan on the outside unit won't spin.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Im not for sure how your system is cycling and cooling with out the condenser fan running unless you are in a real cool area trying to run the a/c. If it works in warm temps, I want what you have to save on my electric bill.(You may have a low ambient kit on the system to keep the pressure up with cool outside temps)
    tymico exum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 07:42 AM
    You should take oil the fan if that won't work you will have to replace it
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 23, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Could be the fan capacitor/motor as well as the other suggestions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pleasy let me know how the capacity of a Air Handling unit or a Packaged unit is dete [ 1 Answers ]

Please let me know what factors should be measured to assertain the capacity of a AHU or a Packaged unit. What does it mean by on coil temperature and off coil temperature ?

Outide unit runs continually, but indoor unit will not always come on when it should. [ 7 Answers ]

For the past couple of months, my A/C has been working improperly, and I'm hoping that someone can tell me what's wrong, and how to fix it! Hot weather's ON THE WAY!! I don't know all of the correct terminology, but here goes: I have an electric central heat/air conditioner. The last couple...

Whirlpool Gold gsq9364hqo doesn't always spin on the spin cycle. [ 2 Answers ]

Whirlpool Gold gsq9364hqo doesn't always spin on the spin cycle. The motor runs but the basket doesn't spin. If I lift the lid the motor stops, then something (clutch or pawl?) catches and if I put the lid back down than it starts spinning correctly every time. Any ideas?

Outside unit doesn't come on when thermostat turns inside unit on so no heat? [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat will trip my heater to turn on. The inside blower turns on but the outside unit doesn't turn on. I can get it to go by turnign off the unit at the thermostat and waiting a minute. I turn it on and off until I hear the outside unit turn on. The problem is when the Thermostat turns if...

Size of ac unit needed to match a carrrier heating unit [ 3 Answers ]

I had a Carrier natural gas heating unit installed in 2003. Model number 58STA/STX 070 Catalog number 535-80105. My ac unit has gone out and the company I bought the heating unit from has gone out of business. What size ac unit will match the heating unit? Thanks so much!:cool:

View more questions Search