Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexia395 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Kitchen faucet not working but sprayer does
    My kitchen sink was working fine and then 5 minutes later the faucet was not working at all but the sprayer was working fine. What do I do?

>Moved from Forum Help<
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 22, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Hey Alexia:

First thing to check here is the aerator at the end of the spout... see attachment: aerator2.pdf and the attached picture below. The aerator may have gotten clogged for a number of different reasons...

Unscrew the aerator by twisting out clockwise (may need to get this started by gripping with pair of pliers)... then want to clean the aerator and then turn water on without aerator in place... if water present then cleaning the aerator out should fix you up!

If no water when aerator removed then the problem is most likely in the faucet itself at the cartridge assembly.

Check out the aerator... then if necessary, let me know the name on your faucet and I will see if I can find a specification sheet on your faucet. It will make repairing /replacing parts easier... ;)

If was clogged aerator... tell me if you heat your hot water by water heater (gas or electric? ) or other means..?

Let me know what you can... MARK

Attached Images

Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf aerator2.pdf (22.9 KB, 217 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen faucet sprayer pipe cut [ 1 Answers ]

Kitchen tap faucet has an extension sprayer, that pipe is cut. I would like to replace this pipe.

Kitchen Faucet Sprayer On - Main Faucet not totally off [ 2 Answers ]

We moved into a new house - new construction. When we use the sprayer in the kitchen faucet, water comes out the sprayer as it is supposed to, but the water does not completely shut off in the main faucet. There is still a thin column of water coming out. We had the faucet replaced, and this...

Dripping Sprayer in Kitchen Faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a Peerless Kitchen Faucet Model Series 99596 and the sprayer drips water when the water is turned on and water is coming out of the spout. All my connections are tight and no water is leaking anywhere else. Do you think this is a faulty sprayer? Or is it a problem at the...

Kitchen Faucet Not working... but sprayer does? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: This faucet was installed by a previous homeowner and I'd like to troubleshoot before diving in or replacing the faucet. This is a compression faucet with a separate sprayer. When you turn on the hot or cold or both, barely a trickle of water comes out of spout. The sprayer works, but...

View more questions Search