Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lptphp2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2006, 03:37 PM
    Blue veins under my eyes
    Ive always had these really dark blue veins under my eyes. I went to the dermatologist today to see about getting laser treatment done to get rid of them. The doctor told me as with all procedures there is risks but that since its so close to my eye there's serious risks. I was just wondering if there's anyone that has had this procedure done under the eyes or that knows how likely it is that something could go wrong?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 28, 2006, 01:52 AM
    Lptphp2, there are many reasons the veins beneath the eyes become more prominent. Exposure to the sun and age often cause the delicate under eye skin to become even thinner and so the veins are more apparent.

Sclerotherapy is standard in the treatment of veins but it should not be performed near the eye, unless the dermatologist or surgeon is highly skilled. Sclerotherapy was found to be effective in permanently removing veins around the eyes. Perhaps you should look for a dermatologist that does sclerotherapy beneath the eyes. Also, there's another procedure that requires excision or ligation (tying off) of the veins. This could be performed through an inconspicuous incision and would give you the best result with minimal risk of scarring. Talk to another dermatologist, they may be able to help you get rid of the veins.
    optimisticgirl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2006, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lptphp2
    Ive always had these really dark blue veins under my eyes. I went to the dermatologist today to see about getting laser treatment done to get rid of them. The doctor told me as with all procedures there is risks but that since its so close to my eye theres serious risks. I was just wondering if theres anyone that has had this procedure done under the eyes or that knows how likely it is that something could go wrong?
    I have the same problem too. Just like you I want those veins gone for good, they make me look old and tired.Did your dermatologist tell you that it's laser treatment that can help you rid of those veins?I can't remember the type/name of laser treatment used but I thought that treatment doesn't have any side effects and I'm thinking of undergoing it.Just don't know the cost, could you please tell me the ballpark of the cost for the procedure.Thanks.

Apr 3, 2006, 12:23 PM
    My dermatologist had told me that since the veins are so close to my eye that the laser treatment would be the safest but that there would still be risks since the laser was being used so close to my eyes. The price varies depending on the Doctor doing it but ballpark is roughly $100-$350 per 15 minute session. Some people require multiple sessions whereas some see results after only one treatment. I think price also depends on the extent of the vein and how many your having treated. I waitng to hear back from the doctor today to find out when I'm going to be able to go in. She had said that its just an in and out procedure no post treatment besides staying out of the sun for a while but that's pretty much it. Ill make sure to let you know what happens and how it goes.

Apr 3, 2006, 09:20 PM
    [QUOTE=lptphp2]My dermatologist had told me that since the veins are so close to my eye that the laser treatment would be the safest but that there would still be risks since the laser was being used so close to my eyes. The price varies depending on the Doctor doing it but ballpark is roughly $100-$350 per 15 minute session. Some people require multiple sessions whereas some see results after only one treatment. I think price also depends on the extent of the vein and how many your having treated. I waitng to hear back from the doctor today to find out when I'm going to be able to go in. She had said that its just an in and out procedure no post treatment besides staying out of the sun for a while but that's pretty much it. Ill make sure to let you know what happens and how it goes.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info.Hopefully everything goes well for you.Are you going to undergo the so called "coolglide excel laser treatment"? I've been hearing about it, not sure if that's what your procedure is.
    The laser treatment you mentioned is quite pricey for a 15 min session.Wow.
    But hey, if it's going to rid those unsightly veins, why not go for it. Just have to find a reputable doctor around my area.
    Anyway, good luck to you and please let me know the results.

Apr 3, 2006, 09:25 PM
    You mentioned about the side effects, how serious are they? Will the procedure affect the vision?Thanks for the reply.

Apr 4, 2006, 01:49 PM
    I'm actually going in for the procedure on Thursday. Like with any procedure dealing with your eyes there's always a risk but they use a metal like cover over you eyes to shield them from the laser and angel it away from your eyes. There is plenty of precautions they take to protect your eyes but there's always a chance that something could still happen.

Apr 4, 2006, 10:38 PM
    Thanks for the info.Is the procedure you're going through called "Cool glide excel laser treatment"? That's what I read they say will hopefully "eliminate" those veins.
    Anyway, hope everythings goes well for U.Keep me posted.
    new_direction Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Hi. I have dark veins under my eyes and it really bothers me. I use concealer to cover them but you can still see them. They are there all the time and if I had one wish it would for them to disappear! I've been researching and have heard about CoolGlide Laser Treatment. I was just wondering if anybody could tell me if it works for this problem? I will be booking an appointment in the next month and I really hope that it is an option. I've had enough of these dark under eye circles that have been on my face since I was a child. I would really appreciate it if somebody replied a response to me because I am looking for answers.
    ollyoomph Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 02:03 PM
    All those with blue veins under eyes - depending on where under the eye, they can be super easy to treat. I tried the injections they do on leg veins, but it left injection mark scars and took forever to get rid of the scar. Then I went to a laser place in Tempe, AZ and for $300 bucks total, he zapped them on both eyes and they were gone forever. It didn't even hurt that bad either.
    internet_girl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 07:26 PM
    I have same problem 2 blue vein and several small red veins. I decided to do something went to a center in oc and she applied a laser around eyes. Scion laser; It has been 2 weeks no change at all. She also applied higher frequensy on the back of my legs... right away they disappeared; so I wondered is it ever going to go away?? those ugly veins around my eyes..? plllleaaaaaaase any one any answers
    I am going back in 6 weeks I wonder is my $300 bucks was down to tube? lol---I am hoping the nice lady that listed the questions in the first place---IPtphp2 will come to my rescue-------yaaaaaahooooooooo and tell me what kind of laser was it--mine was scion and she used same thing back of my legs but different feeling... around eyes she put a glass and then a cooling gel and I honestly felt cool ice creamy sensation... I prayed and prayed and came out ----no difference---I wanted to cry and she gave me a vaseline looking gel and went home all the back of foot had disappeared but not the ugly ones under my eyes... I hope you read this message and tell me what laser she used in ARIZONA if you know.. tnx and cheers
    ollyoomph Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Okay, I don't know what laser my guy in AZ used but maybe your gal used the wrong kind of laser.

The guy's name is Dr. Bergmeier and I think the place is called Perfect skin and Laser... he's in Tempe, AZ and just do a Google search for his name and the city and you will come across him - the website has a red background... he's super knowledgeable and always on the cutting edge - you can just call and ask what laser they would use for veins under your eyes - and if they tell you they need to see you first, just ask what they would normally use for blue veins... also maybe it gives that info on their website - then you can call some laser places around LA who will do it with that laser. I would make that lady give your 300 bucks back or try it again at no cost. I do think my guy may have said that it might take more than once, but for me it didn't. I am telling you, he zapped each side and the veins that had bugged me for two years were gone forever!! Lasers are the best!!
    internet_girl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 08:55 PM
    :) thank you so much. You are a doll. Xoxox

I will start searching for his name and website. Thanks so much
    God bless
    getridofmyvein Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 08:44 AM
    I stumbled across this forum after another morning waking up, looking at my large blue vein under my left eye and getting upset it hadn't 'miraculously' disappeared over night.
    I hate my vein under my eye, I cover it up but still see it or know it's there. I don't have to use cover up for anything else so it's obvious. I absolutely hate it!
    I was really excited when I read this Question but upset the person who asked it has never come back to report her news.
    Has anyone had any luck getting rid of their under eye veins? I live in the UK, so can't make it to Tempe, but if it works I might one day have to book a flight over there!
    Any help/results/ names of good treatments that might be accessible in the UK would be much appreicated.

Thanks
    ASH81 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Hi guys I'm so glad that there are people out there wiv the same problem as me(dnt mean it in a bad way) Im sooooo deppressed about the veins under my eye. I get people come up to me and ask if I'm OK n if I've been punched in the eye. I look like a zombie sometimes. I SOO BADLY Want to GET RID OF THEM. Anyone tried anyfin? Please post!! Thank you huns
    DepressedGirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 05:37 PM
    I'm SO glad to see all you people who understand and have this problem too!

I've had two dark purple veins under my eyes, which look like bruises, for 7 years. Every morning I wake up, looking in the mirror and feel depressed for the whole day! They make me look tired, old and ugly and I'm only 20!

I can't leave the house without concealer, I have to put this thick concealer under my eyes every single day to hide the dark veins under my eyes. It takes forever to apply too and if I don't get it right, it looks caked on and obvious, so then I have to take it off and start again. During the day I can't touch my eye area at all in case I accidentally rub off the concealer! ARGH. It's SO frustrating, I've become really depressed by it. :(

I don't even show anyone, they stand out so much on my face, it's unbelievable! I've got clear light-ish skin, with two thick dark purple veins circling under my eyes.

I've been looking online for ages but nobody seems to have the same thing, and quite honestly, I'm SO sick to death of people saying to sleep more, drink more water etc or, possibly the most annoying: "it's just your bone structure making your under eye area look dark"... No it's not! It's these dark blue/purple veins and red broken capillaries that are doing it!

I've tried every cream I can get my hands on too, does nothing.

I've got an appointment with the dermatologist on Thursday, I'm so nervous of showing them and taking off my concealer in front of them but I know it has to be done. I'm also SO scared that they might say they can't do anything (but thankfully this thread has given me some hope).

I'm so desperate to get rid of them, this concealer is drying out my eye area and the more I keep rubbing this concealer on, every-single-day, my eyes are going to look old before I hit 40.

I'm in the UK by the way
    ASH81 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Hi depressed girl

I know how you feel. I don't wear makeup except to cover those nasty veins under my eyes. I hate it sooooooooooooooooo much that sum days I don't go out when its really obvious. I use so much concealer myself that I feel I'm just draggin my eye skin down. I wudnt dream of going out wivout my concealer!! Im also in the uk PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES WIV DERMATOLOGIST AND WHAT THEY Recommend!! Thanks hun and good luck :)

Aug 14, 2008, 04:34 AM
    Hi all,
    I'm back from the dermatologist.

I've been dreading this day for months, I had to show them my eyes, the one thing I'm so horribly self-conscious of that I won't even let my boyfriend stay over because he might see my eyes without concealer.

I went, showed them, and guess what? They said "That is quite bad but there's nothing we can do, lasers etc won't work", "Maybe you're anemic."

And that's it. My final result, and what can I do? CRAP ALL.

I'm so heart broken right now, I finally thought I could get rid of this and be normal like everyone else but no, I'm going to be stuck with this all my life, and the doctor's confirmed that.

So I've got to get blood tests done now =[ Even if I am anemic, will these thick bruises under my eyes ever go away with meds? I've lost all hope now.
    cjfox Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Hey depressed girl,
    Believe me I know how you feel, I have exactly the same problems as you including the veins, broken vessels and having to use concealer and guess what I'm a man!

Ive seen so many people regarding this problem and have traveled to the states (im from UK). Ive researched a lot on the subject and it seems that there doesn't seem to be a true effective treatment out there, crazy in this age.

However Im still hopeful that something soon will help. I hope it does because it affects my life on a big scale. I have found a few options which I'm considering. Get in touch

Aug 18, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Hi cjfox!

It amazes me just how little anyone can do about it right now, too. The dermatologist took just a few seconds to tell me there's nothing they can do and that laser won't work either, I really want to see another dermatologist to at least get a second opinion but I'm starting to wonder if this is it, that they're all going to tell me the same thing.

I've tried changing my diet and sleeping habits again, though, just in case it might help (though I'm doubtful, these are broken vessels and thick veins, but I'm desperate)

Which options are you considering?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I can see blue veins around my eyes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys I'm new to this site and looking for some help. I'm 25 years old and in the past year I have noticed the skin around my eyes get thinner and now you can all the blue veins around my eyes. Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone recommend any products to use? Its so embarrasiing...

Bags under eyes [ 18 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get rid of bags under you eyes in a natural way??

The Sun in your Eyes? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need once again another song discoveration :). Okay, if anyone has Sky Digital, there was a... advertisement.. of sorts.. of Late Night films, I think some of the song goes "The sun in your eyes". Hopefully this could help.

Veins in Hands [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. Recently I've noticed that the veins in both of my hands are acting up. I can see them much easier than before and they seem to be pushing up on the skin somewhat. Similar to veins on someone who's totally ripped, but trust me I can assure you I'm not ripped. Anyway, I'm 17, and I was just...

Eyes [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for two blue-eyed people to have a brown eyed-child?

View more questions Search