Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    btall0611 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Have water standing and coming out of air handler.
    I have a Lennox 80 UHG3 60A furnace/ air handler up in the attic. The air conditioner unit is outside. There is water standing in the bottom of the pan in the air handler unit. When I took off the front panels and cut on the air conditioning unit on... It looked as if water was coming out of all parts of the air handler unit. There is a larger pipe.. not the freon tube... that where it goes into the air handler that water coming out of and running through the whole air handler unit and falling to the bottom There is about 3 inches of standing water in the pan below the air handler.

Help!
    Could someone please let me know what the problem is and possibble solution.
    I already spent over a $1000 last year have the circuit board replaced from a lighting strike.

Thanks in advance
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

May 16, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Don't panic.

The problem may be nothing more then a clogged condensation line.

Look at the pan, find the line (PVC) that should be transportating the condesation away from the pan and discharging it outside.

Take a small gauge snake and run it down the line until you hit the clog and break it loose.
    btall0611 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Don, do you think that this would cause water to come out of other parts of the air handler unit?

Like I said when the air came on it looked as if water was coming and dripping from multiple places within the air handler unit.

Thanks
    Brian
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2008, 10:02 PM
    If the water can`t go out the correct drain its going to go somewhere

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smell from standing water [ 1 Answers ]

I have a leaking pipe under my house. There is a terrible smell I think is from the standing water. I can't have a plumber out here till Saturday. What can I put on the standing water to get rid of the smell?

Standing water in dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

:( I have a GE GDL4100LLWW dishwasher,I used it for couple of months and never saw any accumulated water after the dishes were done,but recently I see standing water in the inside of my dishwasher.Could anybody please shed some light on my problem. Thanks.

Humming noise coming from NEW Air Handler [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a new Rheem condenser and air handler last week. After it was installed, I noticed a humming/buzzing sound coming from the air handler - which is in the attic. Should a brand new air handler be making this noise? It is not loud, but every time my wife and I walk by/just below the...

Standing water in water softener receptacle [ 1 Answers ]

The container that holds the salt for my water softener is about half full of water. I have had this softener for 8 years and have never noticed this before. What should I do?:confused:

Air Handler not coming on. [ 5 Answers ]

Our air Handler is not coming on. The unit outside is running and the programmable thermostat is calling for cool air, but the air handler under the house is not coming on. I've checked the breakers and they are on. I've shut off the unit and waited then turned it on to see if it would come on. ...

View more questions Search