Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rinidrake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Replace Drive Cable on Weedeater Featherlite Plus Trimmer?
    How do I replace the drive cable on my Weedeater Featherlite Plus Curved shaft Trimmer?

I bought a plastic & Metal blade head for it to cut heavy brush and I think it was too heavy for my Featherlite trimmer. The drive cable snapped or disconnected inside the head or motor after about 15 minutes of trimming brush.The engine runs, but the head doesn't spin.

Can you tell me how to remove the old drive cable and install a new one?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 05:54 PM
    this will probably be more expensive than the value of the unit. Be sure to consider cost vs value.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cable on weedeater featherlite fl20 [ 3 Answers ]

How do I fix the cable on a weedeater featherlite fl20 it has come unattached at the head. How do I get the nut off the shaft?

Weedeater featherlite cable [ 3 Answers ]

My Weedeater Featherlite locked up, I believe the drive cable came loose, I know how to take the engine off but how do I get the other end into the head? Any help would be great. Thanks a lot.

FEATHERLITE weedeater trim head popped off cable [ 1 Answers ]

Been using this weedeater for 4 years now and I've run into a problem I don't know how to fix. While using it recently, the entire trimming head spun off the end of the shaft. It looks like the square tipped cable broke off somewhere down in the trim head. I took it apart hoping that it just...

Weedeater featherlite trimmer [ 3 Answers ]

"if no line is out, it won't feed, pull on that knob to take it out, it'll have a arrow and a tiny, tiny hole.... get the specified line if its out, insert a little into that hole and wind it in the direction of the arrow, and poke a little out the hole on the head of the trimmer and pop the feeder...

Featherlite Plus Weedeater - Line Trimmer [ 1 Answers ]

My trimmer only works if I hold it so that the fuel is up to the top. It appears that a tube should be in the tank to feed the fuel to the engine when the tank is low. What part or parts will I need to fix this and where can I get them? Thanks!

View more questions Search