Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    revan582 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2006, 06:44 PM
    Penis Infection?
    Ok here's the story... this probably started a day after masturbation 4 weeks back... at first the tip of my foreskin got very very dry/red... after a week or two this passed and my foreskin went back to normal... but... the head of my penis under the foreskin looks a little red on the sides... and I feel a slight discomfort/itch/ just overall discomfort... when I pull back my foreskin in the shower I notice what seems like either smegma... or whitish pus even come up a bit from deep under my foreskin... shower and vit e seems to help my symptoms but during the day they return... it almost feels like the side of my penis just where the head meats the shaft gets very irritated... I had this problem before about 3 years ago from masturbating and it went away after a few weeks.. it started the same way... dry tip of penis... which went away then moved on to this phase so to speak... ANy ideas what this is?? Its not severe.. no big inflammation... no disharge except for that slight milky substance when I pull foreskin back in shower... and also it feels perfectly fine when I urinate.. It has however been a solid month to this day since I masturbated that one day and felt normal... I can't tell honestly if its getting better or just the same... but I'm pretty sure I just irritated my penis that one day and it hasn't healed since.. or is going through the phase that it went through 3 years ago... any ideas? I don't want to go to the doctor if I don't have to and explain how this happened... or what caused this... since I'm a bit embarrassed.. It just seems like irritation... but its lasted a month now.. dry foreskin tip for 2 weeks... and now this irritation to the head for 3... btw shower seems to reeeeealy help... and I almost feel normal.. almost... but my head still feels a bit tender.. or sore.. not the hole thing.. lil at the tip/sides...
    noacon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2006, 07:04 PM
    If you are using a skin lotion you might be allergic to it. Try mineral oil and do not use skin or body lotion.

Mar 22, 2006, 07:08 PM
    No haven't used any lotions... and I have no allergys to them anyway... and I just recently like 2 days ago started using vit e oil/ natural... just for the heck of it.. and it seems to help.. im just wondering what this is? Why am I irritated.. and ehys it last this long? If it was an infection I would have been much worse off since its been a month... but I've been fine health wise... no significant inflammation or problems with urination... just discomfort.. and itchy/irritation underforskin... to my head... shaft feels normal...
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2006, 10:37 PM
    It sound very much like you have a yeast infection, it is something that men get but is more likely to happen to females, and should be taken care of soon because it does nust linger on. I am not sure that your masturbation caused or had anything to do with your condition. You described the stuff under the foreskin as a milky looking stuff. If you pull your foreskin back before you get into the shower is it a firmer texture, thicker than when you are in the shower? If so I am more sure that it is a yeast infaction, there are medications that you can buy but I don't recommend it until you have seen a Dr. When you talk to a Dr you do not have to tell him that it started from masturbation and I don't think he will ask you. Don't be so sensitive about your masturbation, it is not somethiing to be ashamed of, you are not going to find many men or for that mater females that don't do it, and most of them the reason they don't is religious. There is an old saying that the biggest lie in the world is the guy that says he doesn't masturbate. That is not the biggest... The biggest lie is the guy that tells you that he has stopped.

Go to a Dr. get some help, things left alone don't always get better.
    Good luck
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2006, 08:11 AM
    Hi,
    I had the same thing once, many years ago. Under the foreskin was itching, a little more reddish color than normal, and it wouldn't go away.
    A visit to the Doctor cleared it up. It took a prescription medication, came in a tube, and in about 5 days, if I remember correctly, it was gone.
    Nothing serious, just a bacterial infection or as the previous answer said, could have been a yeast infection.
    Anyway, it probably won't clear up until you see a Doctor. Don't be ashamed, or afraid. That's easy to say, because I was both the first time a Doctor ever looked at me, below the beltline! But, now at 64 yrs old, it doesn't bother me anymore. Just wait till you get a "prostate" checkup, with the old finger stuck you-know-where!
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Mar 26, 2006, 03:34 AM
    I'd try the over-the-counter topical antibacterial ointment Neosporin
    For a few days. If this doesn't help, then I would go see a urologist.

Mar 31, 2006, 01:21 PM
    Thanks guys... ive tried neosporin but doesn't seem to do the trick... what really really helps though... like huge is taking a shower... pulling my forskin back and just washing... feels great and for a few hours I feel pretty much normal... no itching etc... I think I might just go see a doctor though what do I say when I call to schedule an appointment... I don't wanan have to tell the receptionist what t oschedule me for... itchy penis lol... thats a tad weird to say... what shd I say? Groin irritation?? I mean doc usually needs to know ahead of time right what I'm coming in for? Like when I ame to get stictches out... I called to schedule and I thin kthey asked what I wanted to come in for... I don't know I want to keep this matter private and or don't know how to address it some help please heh thanks... btw you guys think this is a yeast infection? Water helps biiig time... and I think it's the white stuff that's itching me... since when I wash I feel great after... and its not a lot of white stuff... very very little... I have to pull back pretty far for it to come into view...
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 5, 2006, 08:39 PM
    Women are very familiar with itching discomforts and would not hold you in contempt for stating your condition. In any case, you might try saying penile Discomfort.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Penis infection? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I got a problem, help me out. My penis has started to develop a white coating, don't know what? Its kind of a bit flaky. And it pains on the rim of the head, where it has developed more. I normally had a good hygiene and no problem. Please help me out. Can't have sex also, since its painful....

Help with yeast infection [ 6 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and I have been having a recurring yeast infection for the past 5 months. It first started when I was on some antibiotics. I went to my doctor and they prescribed monistat. It cleared the infection up within a week. However, about 5 weeks later, around my period, my infection...

Infection? [ 3 Answers ]

SEX I started seeing someone that I really like! We've moved into a sexual relationship! This is my FIRST real sexual relationship, but not his. It's been about three weeks and we've had sex at several times a week! Now I'm itching like crazy! It's not the whole area just the area around the...

Penis Infection [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please help me as I don't no as wots wrong with my penis, it started feeling itch and I itched it and then the next day the forsking tip got very dry and had some white stuff on it and when I tried pulling the forskin it got very painful and I got small cuts which wer burning and under the...

Ear infection [ 6 Answers ]

My dog has an ear infection and the vet prescribed some ear drops. I was wondering if what Labman suggested for cleaning the ears can be done easily or should I have someone show me first then do it on my own. I really would hate to screw up his hearing or balance in case I poke something in the...

View more questions Search