Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 9, 2008, 02:43 AM
    Who to contact to build a sidewalk
    The street that I used to live on doesn't have sidewalks on either side of the street. This street leads to a very upscale apartment complex then down hill to a residentinal neighborhood. There is no sidewalk until you get to the apartments, and then that's only on one side of the street. Anyone having to take the bus HAS to walk along this street to get to the bus stop.

My question is, how would I go about requesting that there be a sidewalk built there? Who would I contact? How do I go about all this?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 02:53 AM
    I would imagine that the department located on and found via the following link would be one place to start.

Building, Planning & Environment - City of Vancouver, Washington, USA

You might also want to discuss this with a bunch of neighbors and agree that there needs to be a sidewalk. Most likely, things like this would need to be brought up at a City Council meeting. It would help to have supportive neighbors in attendance. You also might want to draft a letter requesting such a consideration for a sidewalk and have all of the supporting neighbors sign it. If there is an Alderman for that particular neighborhood, you might also want to contact him or her. If there is an alderman, that really might be the best place to start with questions and subsequent discussions.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 9, 2008, 02:59 AM
    Thanks Clough!!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 04:45 AM
    No problem! My pleasure!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On the Sidewalk Bleeding By: Evan Hunter [ 6 Answers ]

Am looking for the underlying theme of this short story. (ie: what underlying message the author is trying to convey to the reader) I need to later include textual evidence quoted from the story. I think that the theme has something to do with the event when Andy found his own identity- that it...

3-D sidewalk chalk art [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry; not a question, but check out some of these incredible 3-d sidewalk chalk drawings: http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm .

Help to build PC [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I want to build my own pc from scratch including new tower etc. Does anyone out there have a simple step by step quide on how to do it. I want help and advice on everything from choosing the right motherboard to once finished how to format it etc. I would also like to hear what...

View more questions Search