Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eaterweed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Weedeater won't start
    I'm trying to fix up my kind of old weedeater when I put choke on and gus in I try and start it up. It wants to but it just won't I can here her want to, but stops after I'm done pulling the line... :confused:
    Could it be the sparkplug?
    greazy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Could be the plug check the gap and fire by removing it from the engine and connecting to the plug wire lead place the threaded side to the metal head on the block and pull the cord you should see a spark. If you do check the mixture of the gas is OK I use 50:1 with a good quality oil if no fuel mixtue and choke operation may be the culprit las but no least is compression if it it to low it just will not work may need a new one more are more expensive to repair at that level then they are worth.
    eaterweed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by greazy
    could be the plug check the gap and fire by removing it from the engine and connecting to the plug wire lead place the threaded side to the metal head on the block and pull the cord you should see a spark. if you do check the mixture of the gas is ok I use 50:1 with a good quality oil if no fuel mixtue and choke operation may be the culprit las but no least is compression if it it to low it just will not work may need a new one more are more expensive to repair at that level then they are worth.

OK thanks ill check when I get home:)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Temporarily take he air filter out and try to start it.

Most air filters can be thrown in the laundry and washed.

The air cleaner is probably the most likely cause. Spare spark plugs and air filter elements should always be handy. I'd change the spark plug at every season. Replace the air filter with a clean one more regularly.
    olson_224 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by greazy
    could be the plug check the gap and fire by removing it from the engine and connecting to the plug wire lead place the threaded side to the metal head on the block and pull the cord you should see a spark. if you do check the mixture of the gas is ok I use 50:1 with a good quality oil if no fuel mixtue and choke operation may be the culprit las but no least is compression if it it to low it just will not work may need a new one more are more expensive to repair at that level then they are worth.
    Uhh yeah if you use 50:1 then your engine isn't to get that much oil the regular is about 40:1 so if you use 50:1 then your trimmer won't have as long of a life

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WeedEater 22" mower won't stay running [ 5 Answers ]

I purchase this 158 cc 22" push mower last year from walmart. It worked fine all mowing season. Now I went out to mow my grass today and I can't get it to keep running. If I prime it, it will run for a few seconds then die. I pulled off the air filter and tried again. I get the same result. I...

Weedeater Featherlite won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Weedeater Featherlite that has provided great service for a few years. When I tried it after it had sat for about 6 weeks it would not start. I mixed a new fuel batch and tried without success. I changed the spark plug and cleaned out the air filter that appeared to be dripping fuel. Again...

Weedeater is hard to start [ 2 Answers ]

Model Fl1500 Feather Lite Pull Cord Jerks And Is Hard To Pull However When Spark Plug Is Out Pull Cord Is Easy

Homelite Weedeater won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Homelite SH2025UB24RA 25CC. It is several years old, 1998,I believe, but was running fine thelast time I used it. It has failed to start since, jerking the starter cord from my hand. I'm wondering if the engine has seized and if there is hope for my weedeater. Thanks

Weedeater featherlite won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My weedeater won't start I have replaced the fuel lines and primer bulb there is spark at the plug I even put a little fuel directly into the cylinder and it still doesn't even try to start what else should I check? Thank you in advance for any advice.

View more questions Search