Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karenG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Rashes on my inner thigh, very close to vagina
    I have two large rashes on each side of my inner thigh, very close to the vagina. It itches sometimes and it goes away sometimes but it always comes back. I just want to know if any one knows what this is? I've had for quiet sometime now. The rash looks kind of redish purplelish and also looks like a stain . Is there anyone out there that can help me?:confused:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 6, 2008, 09:28 AM
    This sounds like herpes. The "rash" will come and go. It will burn and itch like crazy. The inner thigh is a favorite spot for herpes to hide. It will keep coming back unless properly treated.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 6, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Here is a link that might help you get some answers;

WikiAnswers - What causes inner thigh rashes
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Twinkie, does everybody have herpes today? *smile*

I don't know, but do your thighs touch? Because you could be getting irritation from the skin-to-skin contact. If you have fuller sized thighs, you may also have moisture/sweat that collects in that area that could also be the cause of the rash. Also, check the types of panties you wear, maybe there is a lacy edging that is rubbing you. I had this happen to me before, but the seam on my pants may irritate me a little at the top of my thighs. (I don't have herpes!)

Until you can get to a dermatologist, try using a corn starch powder or a gentle feminine powder (like Summer's Eve) to 'cool' the burn in the meantime.
    Cattie999 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Could it be from shaving?
    Or from your legs rubbing slightly at the top in warm weather.
    That caused me to get a bad rash.
    Xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Right waist swelling and rashes [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I've developed a swelling and pain on my right waist extending to the thigh. There are some rashes also wherever there is tight contact with cloth. I have been watching TV lying on my right side on the sofa for last couple of weeks which could be the reason for this swelling. I'm taking...

My skin rashes - what is it [ 3 Answers ]

I am having large white patches with very much itching, and scaly skin in the area where both the legs just touch each other. Initially, I just had iching and scaly skin, but due to prolonged itching which was unbearable whitish patches have also developed. I started applying the propygenta cream,...

Rash near vagina and on thigh [ 6 Answers ]

I've seen my doctor and had my pap test and well I've had these rashed long before I was sexually active.. I was told it was a scar from yeast infections and was given this cream.. I've used the cream for half a year now and the rashes ARNT GONE YET! Sum times its itchy should I be concerned

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

View more questions Search