Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roscoe1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Remove felony conviction from public record
    Hello,

Seven years ago I was convicted of a commercial Marijuana growing operation. I am not sure if it matters but I had four hundred plants and a substantial amount of money that was seized, as well as a large portion of my personal property. I have been a good kid since then, and have had no troubles with the law, and have no plans of it either. I am an electrician for a living, and have had numerous jobs that I would be more than qualified for fall through based on my felony conviction. Is there anything a person can do to have a felony conviction removed, or at least not public record? I did the crime, and did the time, but still paying... any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Todd
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Apr 24, 2008, 02:23 PM
    This may be helpful to you.
    http://www.kccba.org/Cert_Relief_tra...dout_Mar07.pdf

Good-Luck.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2008, 05:24 PM
    You will have to wait for at least 9 or 10 years before you can even approach the court for an expungement of this from your record. In the meantime you need to learn your lesson for a tad longer and keep clean and out of trouble. Too bad that you are not able to apply for the jobs due to a criminal record. Your put up your money and play and your put up your money and pay. Now it's time to pay the consequences.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 05:55 PM
    Yes, normally in the US you will have to be about 8 to 10 years out and have had no trouble, you then hire an attorney to file for the record to be explunged. Now some judges just won't do it, others have no problem, so you will have to file and see what happens
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Hello:

It doesn't matter how big your operation was. I'm impressed though. The other guys are right. It DOES depend on state law, though, and your state might be different. I'd run it by a lawyer. You're going to need one anyway.

420 Dude!

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony conviction [ 5 Answers ]

When asked the question on job application were you convicted of a felony in the past seven years can you answer no if you were convicted 12 years ago

I have a Felony Conviction [ 2 Answers ]

:( Hi. I am 22 yrs old and convicted on a felony of conspiracy to distribute. I actually got convicted in 06/06 but charged in 05/05 and I have completely changed my life. I am going to an interview at an eye doctor and was wondering if anyone had any tips for me. Please

How can I remove a felony charge off my record? [ 3 Answers ]

I was convicted of selling drugs back in 1999. I have completed 5years of parole and are tryig toget legal gainful employment, What can I do to remove this charge from my record?

I have a Felony Conviction [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 22 and I got convicted of a felony of conspiracy to distribute. I was wondering what kind of jobs I cana get. I am going for an interview at an eye doctor as a receptionist. Can they hire me with a Felony

Felony conviction [ 1 Answers ]

How to get a felony conviction explunged from your record?

View more questions Search