Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MimiGirl Posts: 141, Reputation: 0

Apr 24, 2008, 07:51 AM
    My cat keeps peeing on sofa
    Hello,
    I Have A 3 Yr Old Female Cat-and I Love Her To Death.. the Only Problem Is That Even After She Got Nuterd/ Or Operated She Continues To Pee On My Sofa.. She Would Do This A lot Before She Got Operated (especially When She Would Be In Heat) She Would Either Go On The Sofa Or My Bed, Sniff A Little Then Scratch The Surface A Bit And Pee Instead Of Using Her Litter Box.. dont Get Me Wrong She Uses More Her Litter Box To Do Her Other Necessaries And Also To Pee.. Everyone Around Me Told Me That She Would Stop Doing This After She Gets Operated-and On April 8 Of This Year I Took Her To The Nearest Animal Clinic 2 Have Her Operated Few Days Before I Got Married I Didn't Want My Husband To See Her Doing This-was Kind of Emberrasing.. at First Everything Was Good But Then Just Last Week She Began To Pee On The Sofa Again, And Yesterday As Soon As She Climbed Down From The Window She Scratched The Sofa A Little And Peed Quickly.. This Is Getting Annoying For My Husband And I.. I Was Thinking That Maybe She Does This Because Either She Scents The Pee That She Marked Before Or Maybe She Is Jealous Or Something.. Its Hard To Take Out The Scent Of Her Urine From The Sofa-what Can I Do? Any Suggestion? Why Is She Reacting This Way? :(
    religousgirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Apr 24, 2008, 08:26 AM
    My advice is train her to use the litter box. First show her the litter box , then if she uses it reward her if she doesn't use it discipline her
    concerned11 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 09:16 AM
    I have 4 cats and I have had cat pee on my carpet and they will continue to go there until you remove the scent. They have products that nuetralize cat urine so maybe that will be worth a try.
    MimiGirl Posts: 141, Reputation: 0

Apr 24, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Any products that you might know that would be good to use.. Which one did you get to use for your carpet? I heard that Nature's Miracle is pretty good-but I want to make sure that it will actually work be 4 I buy it.. thanx for your suggestions by the way.. ;)
    concerned11 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 11:30 AM
    I used this stuff from simple solution it's called natural live bio-cultures cat stain and odor eliminator. It was at petsmart and only around twelve dollars and it was worth it... it also works with deep cleaners too if you have one of those :)
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Apr 24, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Your cat may be having trouble with accepting the new person in the house,or some other new development that she is showing dismay towards.Cat urine is very hard to cover up,especially for a cat that has a habit of using a certain spot .There is a product called odaban that is eucalyptus scent,and cats and dogs do not like the scent.It is safe to use on fabric,and may keep her from using your couch or any other area she soils.It is sold at many stores,but walmart is a good place to start.It costs about 3.00 a bottle,and I use it all the time for cleaning.It kills 99.9% of germs,so I keep it close for all types of disasters.
    Nicole8778 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 02:55 PM
    I have the same problem with my cat. She was peeing on my bed and clothes as well as using her litter box. I figured it was behavioral since we have another cat and tried different methods to separate them (including separate food and litter) however she kept doing it. On her yearly check up I took her to the vet and told the vet what she was doing. They did a urine sample and she had a terrible UTI --he suspects for a few months! She felt more comfortable peeing on clothes rather than in her litter. We got her on antibiotics, a new type of food, and litter that had no dust and she has stopped peeing (its been about 3 months). So maybe a visit to the vet could help rule things out...
    volta-rewind Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2008, 04:01 PM
    If the cat is not already potty trained, you should do so as soon as possible.
    But if that's not the case, try putting foil on the cushions of your couch.
    That's what I did when my cat started peeing on my chairtheres something about the noise or something that they don't like about it.
    He hasn't peed ever since.

:)
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 04:32 PM
    Cats detest the smell of peppermint.

Vinegar (stinky at first) to soak the cushion and anywhere she has peed will completely neutralize the odor and within a few days won't smell at all. My cat quit using her favorite spot on the stairs when I neutralized the odor and hung small jars of peppermint oil in the stairway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sew button on sofa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - How can I sew a button back onto my couch? The couch back is slightly tufted. Is there a special needle that passes through the couch from back to front?

Squeaking sleeper sofa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a full sleeper sofa that is @ 18 months old. It had to have the sleeper mechanism replaced after several months because it was defective. Since having the second sleeper installed, it seems to squeak every time someone sits on the sofa. I had a repairman come out about 2 months ago...

Sofa Color [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a beautiful home and am trying to decorate the living room. It has and open space concept and the kitchen and living room adjoin. There is a red brick fireplace that is seen upon entering the house. I have Monet picture hanging above. (Monet's wife in a kimono.) The walls are...

Sofa beds [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have a recommendation for a comfortable sofa bed brand/bed?

Sofa Designer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a sofa designer, I was surfing over the net and I have found one in Belgium, a bit to far for me This is the one in Belgium http://www.mrcreations.be/creaties.php, these are the sofas I really like, so is there someone who knows where I can get unique furniture please let...

View more questions Search